Friday, March 18, 2011

The Last Snake in Ireland or A Day Late and a Dollar Short.

Yep. St. Patrick’s Day was yesterday. Yep. I am behind schedule, although I DID start working on this yesterday. Even worse...he’s clearly not done. And although I guess I don’t mind showing “sketches” or WiPs...I sometimes wonder if that’s such a good idea.

This guy was more about an idea that struck me as funny. Yeah, weird stuff strikes me as funny, but I was thinking of the legend of St. Patrick driving the snakes out of Ireland. And I thought about that last snake, kind of trying to lay low (ha! snake...laying low...nevermind) and fit in with the crowd. Nope...no snake over here...just a very long leprechaun...nothing to see. Like I said, strange idea, but kind of funny, no?

He’s kinda cute though. Maybe he’ll get a little polish later (that’s polish, lowercase, not Polish...he’ll always be an Irish snake)...

Hey, do you know that other legend about St. Patrick? They say he carried a walking stick made from ash wood and when he would preach, he would stick it in the ground next to him. As the legend goes, he once spoke for so long that the stick had taken root by the time he was done. Now, I have had to sit through some pretty long sermons in my time. Heck, I thought I might have taken root at a few of them...but that’s a pretty good story.

No comments:

Post a Comment