Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Halloween.

I had a little bit of a draw-er’s block the other day. I really wanted to draw, but nothing was working. (And, yes, when I say “draw,” I mean on the computer.) I tried drawing one thing but it came out looking like another and...I just wasn’t feeling it. But I had this idea that I HAD to draw some Halloween images. So I did what everyone does and I googled Halloween and I came across the classic Beistle Halloween cutouts that those of a certain age remember from their youth. They were vintage when I was a kid but now they are cool vintage.

You remember this, don’t you?


So I decided to redraw it, making it a little more...me. And I came up with this...


And I like it. It’s a little more me. But then I thought it was still too much them.
So I tried again...

Hmmm...closer. But still needs some work. The nice thing though, is that it fixed my block and made me feel like drawing.




No comments:

Post a Comment